The European Commission has launched a second call under Horizon 2020 for research into the COVID-19.
The deadline for submission is 11 June 2020.
The calls are open for international cooperation with legal entities from third countries, and/or regions including those not automatically eligible for funding.
An information session took place in the evening of 20 May. Please find a
recording here (including the mail address for any additional information).
• 5 topics (in four areas)
• First 3 topics: wide scale, rapid (within 3-24 months) applications of solutions to respond quickly to immediate needs of the ongoing health emergency.
• Deadline 11 June 2020, inform successful applicants possibly mid-August
• Eligible costs can be covered from the date of submission of the proposal, but at the applicant’s own risk.
• Indicative budget € 122 million
• Signature of the grant agreements and the grant amounts are subject to the adoption of the revised financing decision for the year 2020 expected for late May 2020.
Repurposing of manufacturing for vital medical supplies and equipment. SC1-PHE-CORONAVIRUS-2020-2A
Behavioural, social and economic impacts of the outbreak response SC1-PHE-CORONAVIRUS-2020-2C
Pan-European COVID-19 cohorts SC1-PHE-CORONAVIRUS-2020-2D
Networking of existing EU and international cohorts of relevance to COVID-19 SC1-PHE-CORONAVIRUS-2020-2E
The new call is part of the ERAvsCorona Action Plan. The focus of the new call is ‘New funding for innovative and rapid health-related approaches that respond to COVID-19 and deliver quick results relevant to society and a higher level of preparedness of health systems’. In line with the Pledge for the Coronavirus Global Response launched on 4 May 2020, it is of paramount importance that new solutions need to be available and affordable for all.
This second call for an expression of interest complements the first expression of interest that the European Commission published in January 2020, which led to the funding of 18 projects in March 2020.
You may also be interested in the newly-launched one-stop platform providing comprehensive information about funding opportunities in relation to Coronavirus at European Union and national level: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/c